Teng Cheong Thye
Chairman, Shenton Education Group
Mr. Teng has had 18 years of experience in the fund management industry investing in the stock markets of the Asia-Pacific region, including Japan. He worked in the Government of Singapore Investment Corporation (GIC) as an equity portfolio manager from January 1995 to September 2012. Before he retired from GIC in September 2012, he was a Senior Vice President in the Equities Department. He has held senior positions such as:
- Head, China equities investment team (April 2011 – Sept 2012)
- Head, Taiwan equities investment team (April 2005 – April 2011)
- Chief Representative GIC, Tokyo (June 2000 – April 2005)
Before joining GIC, Mr. Teng worked in the civil service as a member of the elite Administrative Service of the Singapore Government. While in the government, he held senior positions in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs from 1989 to 1995 such as First Secretary in the Singapore Embassy in Tokyo and Head of the Vietnam/Laos/Cambodia Division. Mr. Teng graduated with a Bachelor of Economics degree from Hitotsubashi University in Japan on a Singapore government scholarship. He is fluent in English, Mandarin and Japanese. He is married ,with two children.
Yee Jenn Jong
CEO, The Learning Grid
Mr Yee is an entrepreneur who has started and mentored several startups, most notable of which is ASKnLearn Pte Ltd, a leading Singapore’s technology-enabled education services provider that serviced over 300,000 learners yearly across Asia.
- Founder of ASKnLearn, premier Singapore-based learning provider catering to hundreds of thousands of learners yearly
- Founder of The Learning Grid & 360 Education
- International education consultant
- 25 years experience in education sector
- Member of Singapore’s 12th Parliament.
Mr Yee was an OCBC Bank scholar and received his BSc (Hons) and MSc from the National University of Singapore and MBA (Banking & Finance) from the Nanyang Technological University. He is currently a member of Temasek Junior College’s Advisory Board, Non-Resident Fellow of Sheares Hall at the National University of Singapore, and member of the ACE Startup committee of SPRING Singapore. Other appointments previously held included EXCO member of NUS Computing Alumni Assocation, founding vice chairman of the Singapore Bhutan Foundation, EXCO member of the Singapore IT Federation E-Learning Chapter, TJC Alumni President and member of Naval Base Primary School Advisory Committee. Mr Yee has received various awards, including Excellence in eLearning from the World Education Congress, Distinguished Alumnus Award from Temasek Junior College and Service to Education from the Ministry of Education, Singapore.
Group Vice President (Operations), Shenton Education Group
Ms.Tin has 19 years of corporate experiences, inclusive of 13 years in Educational Institutions (PEIs) and of which 9 years were in leadership roles. Her varied assignments included:
- Assistant Director & HOD, UMG College (Kyeemyndine, Yangon);
- Senior Adminsistrative Officer, Altron Shipping Pte Ltd (Singapore);
- Assistant Lecturer, Yangon Technological Univeristy (Insein, Yangon);
- HOD & Assistant Lecturer, Technological University (Hmaw Bi, Yangon);
- Demonstrator, Technological University (Hmaw Bi, Yangon);
- Secretary, Marco Polo Entreprise Ltd (Pazuntdaung, Yangon);
Between January 2017 – March 2017, she was the former Foundation Programme Academic Head at Temasek International College. In April 2017, SEG’s management promoted her to Group Vice President (Operations) and the Deputy GM of SEG subsidiaries. Presently TKL assists the SVP to direct overall operations, develops new businesses and strategises recruitment plans with internal staff and relevant institutional personnels intra-Myanmar.